AAI is pleased to announce the 2nd annual fall photo contest! We had great participation in 2015 and want to continue to engage our members and Iowans in showing off what agribusinesses around Iowa contribution to this great state. Please complete the below form to submit your entry.
The Agribusiness Association of Iowa is looking for photos showcasing the role that agribusinesses play in the lives of Iowans. The association would like to solicit images that best represents our membership and Iowa! The chosen image will run as the FY2016 Annual Report cover image and will be announced at the 2017 Agribusiness Showcase & Conference. Top
Photos will be chosen on creativity, the “overall” winner’s image will be used as the cover image of the FY2016 Annual Report. Other chosen photos will be used on the association’s website, social media pages, in publications or brochures, the top in each category have the potential to be displayed at AAI Headquarters. Photos can be taken previous to the photo contest time frame.
We ask that all photo submissions not be extensively digitally manipulated or enhanced. Photos that have been overly digitally altered may not be chosen. Normal cropping, color correction, etc. are acceptable. We request 6 (six) megapixels or higher images in JPEG format. Top
Co-ops/ Grain Elevators – We know you are a large part of Iowa’s ag back bone. Show us how you make Iowa great.
Retailers Locations – 58% of our membership base is categorized as a retail location and we are proud of you! Send us a great image of your location, your staff, or a day in your shoes. We would love to see how you serve Iowa.
Aerial – Have a drone? Or have an aerial view of your location? Send us your best agribusiness aerial shot in Iowa.
Certified Crop Advisers at Their Best – Iowa has close to 2,000 crop advisers at many different locations. We would like to see how your crop adviser or agronomist helps your business thrive.
Conservation at Work – Iowa is one of the nation’s leaders in conservation practices. This includes many different areas, we would like to see how you, and Iowa, include conservation in the daily life of your agribusiness.
Youth Division – Open to children 19 years and under. This is a great opportunity for Iowa youths to submit images. Share photos of joining a parent or mentor at work, or a choice of an above category in your interpretation, etc. Top
The submission period of photos will be from September 1 through midnight on December 31, 2016. Announcements will be made in February 1, 2016. Top
The contest is open to Iowa and other US residence. Only Iowa locations will be considered for this contest. Submit photos above OR photo entries should be sent in .jpg format to [email protected] with subject “2016 Photo Contest Entry”
ALL entries must include
- A title and brief description of each photo
- When and Where the photo was taken
- Photographer’s full name and age
- Photography category
- Email Address
Alternatively: CDs containing photo files and accompanied by all of the required information above may be sent to:
Agribusiness Association of Iowa
900 Des Moines Street
Des Moines, IA 50309 Top
The association’s communications department, the Executive Committee and staff members will review photographs in each category. The top three photos from each category will be reviewed and voted on by the AAI and AAI Services board members. Winners will be announced February 1, 2017.
The overall winner will be featured on the cover of the FY2016 Annual Report. 1st place winners in each category will have photos displayed during the 2017 Agribusiness Showcase & Conference. Winners will be notified by email provided on the entry form . Other select winning photos will be utilized in marketing materials, etc. Top
In submitting photos, the photographer gives the Agribusiness Association of Iowa permission to use their photos in any publications, social media, websites, displays and other places without payment or other consideration. Additionally, by submitting a photo that includes human subjects, the photographer is indicating that they have obtained full permission from those subjects for the photograph to be used in these manners as well.
- The submitted photos must be the photographer’s original work, and the photos must have been taken in Iowa.
- Photos do not need to be taken within the contest timeframe to be eligible to win.
- Submit photos that are 6 megapixels or higher. The more megapixels the better!
- All photos submitted for the contest must be in JPG format.
- A contest entry form must be filled out in its entirety by each person entering the contest.
- The photographer must select the category for his/her entry and indicate the category on the entry form.
- An image may be entered in only one category, but participants may enter all categories using different images.
- Participants may submit up to five entries per category.
- Photos with date stamps or photographer’s name on the photo will be disqualified.
- No nudity.
- All photos should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appears. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color, and contrast, etc.) may not be selected.
- AAI will at its sole discretion determine eligibility. AAI reserves the right to reject and disqualify any images that are considered inappropriate.
- A title and brief description of each photo is needed, please provide on the entry form. If submitting multiple images please provide descriptions in body of the submission email.