Winton Etchen Scholarship
2017-2018 Academic Year
Representing the Agribusiness Industry
The Agribusiness Association of Iowa (AAI) represents the retail agricultural industry in Iowa that sells to Iowa farmers virtually all of the inputs used in crop production and handle the bulk of the grain grown in the state by moving it across the country and overseas through various ways of inter-modal transportation. Members include independent and cooperative retail centers and the companies that sell to those retail centers including the manufacturers, formulators and distributors of crop protection products, plant food, feed, grain, seed, biotech, equipment, petroleum and many ancillary companies that do business in Iowa.
The primary goal of the program is to encourage Iowa youth to prepare for a career in agriculture. This scholarship program is designed to provide college financial assistance to a resident of Iowa or a dependent of an AAI member who chooses to study agriculture.
AAI Foundation will offer one $1,000 scholarship to a full-time Iowa State University freshman agriculture student. If the student remains in the program, he or she is eligible for $250 in each of the following three years. The student must provide proof of full-time enrollment and maintain a 2.0 GPA. The scholarship is paid at the completion of the student’s first semester each year. Continuation of the scholarship program shall be reviewed annually. Documentation is required to be submitted annually by the student.
The AAI Foundation board of directors serves as the selection committee. The selection committee shall review the applications and rank the scholarship recipients.
- Applicant must be a resident of Iowa or a dependent of an AAI member at the time of application.
- Applicant must be a full-time student who has been accepted to ISU and plans to pursue a degree in an agricultural curriculum.
- Applicant shall enroll in one or more agriculture classes each semester of his/her scholarship year.
- AAI Foundation will offer a one-time $1,000 scholarship to a full-time ISU freshman agriculture student and $250 in each of the subsequent three years provided the student continues to pursue an agricultural degree.
- Full-time employees of AAI, their spouses and/or dependent children shall be prohibited from receiving the Winton Etchen scholarship.
Contact the AAI Foundation, at 800-383-1682 or 515-262-8323