More information about the contest, including full contest rules, can be found below.
The Agribusiness Association of Iowa is looking for photos showcasing the role that agribusinesses play in the lives of Iowans. The association would like to solicit images that best represents our membership and Iowa! The chosen image will run as the FY2017 Annual Report featured image. Top
Photos will be chosen on creativity, the “overall” winner’s image will be used as the featured image in the FY2017 Annual Report. Other chosen photos will be used on the association’s website, social media pages, in publications or brochures. Top entries in each category may also be displayed at AAI Headquarters. Photos can be taken previous to the photo contest time frame.
Photos that have been overly digitally altered or extensively enhanced will be disqualified. Normal cropping, color correction, etc. are acceptable. We request 6 (six) megapixels or higher images in JPEG format. Top
Co-ops/ Grain Elevators – We know you are a large part of Iowa’s ag back bone. Show us how you make Iowa great.
Retailers Locations – 58% of our membership base is categorized as a retail location and we are proud of you! Send us a great image of your location, your staff, or a day in your shoes. We would love to see how you serve Iowa.
Aerial – Have a drone? Or have an aerial view of your location? Send us your best agribusiness aerial shot in Iowa.
Certified Crop Advisers at Their Best – Iowa has close to 2,000 crop advisers at many different locations. We would like to see how your crop adviser or agronomist helps your business thrive.
Conservation at Work – Iowa is one of the nation’s leaders in conservation practices. This includes many different areas, we would like to see how you, and Iowa, include conservation in the daily life of your agribusiness.
Youth Division – Open to children 19 years and under. This is a great opportunity for Iowa youths to submit images. Share photos of joining a parent or mentor at work, or a choice of an above category in your interpretation, etc. Top
The submission period of photos will be from June 1 through midnight on October 31, 2017. Winners will be announced no later than November 30, 2017. Top
The contest is open to Iowa and other US residents. Only Iowa locations will be considered for this contest. Submit photos using the form link at the top of the page OR email photo entries to email@example.com with subject “2017 Photo Contest Entry.” Photos should be in JPEG format.
ALL entries must include
- A title and brief description of each photo
- When/Date and Where the photo was taken
- Photographer’s full name and age
- Photography category
- Email Address
Alternatively: CDs containing photo files and accompanied by all of the required information above may be sent to:
Agribusiness Association of Iowa
900 Des Moines Street
Des Moines, IA 50309 Top
The association’s communications department, the Executive Committee and staff members will review photographs in each category. The top three photos from each category will be reviewed and voted on by AAI board members. Winners will be announced no later than November 30, 2017.
The overall winner will be featured in the FY2017 Annual Report. Winners will be notified by email provided on the entry form. Other select winning photos may be utilized in marketing materials, on the website, and in other AAI publications. Top
In submitting photos, the photographer gives the Agribusiness Association of Iowa permission to use their photos in any publications, social media, websites, displays and other places without payment or other consideration. Additionally, by submitting a photo that includes human subjects, the photographer is indicating that they have obtained full permission from those subjects for the photograph to be used in these manners as well.
- The submitted photos must be the photographer’s original work, and the photos must have been taken in Iowa.
- Photos do not need to be taken within the contest timeframe to be eligible to win.
- Submit photos that are 6 megapixels or higher. The more megapixels the better!
- All photos submitted for the contest must be in JPG format.
- A contest entry form must be filled out in its entirety by each person entering the contest.
- The photographer must select the category for his/her entry and indicate the category on the entry form.
- An image may be entered in only one category, but participants may enter all categories using different images.
- Participants may submit up to five entries per category.
- Photos with date stamps or photographer’s name on the photo will be disqualified.
- No nudity.
- All photos should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appears. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color, and contrast, etc.) may not be selected.
- AAI will at its sole discretion determine eligibility. AAI reserves the right to reject and disqualify any images that are considered inappropriate.
- A title and brief description of each photo is needed, please provide on the entry form. If submitting multiple images please provide descriptions in body of the submission email.