ENTER THE 2019 PHOTO CONTEST
Email Entries to [email protected]
DEADLINE OCTOBER 31, 2019
View all 2015 entries here
View all 2016 entries here
View all 2017 entries here
View all 2018 entries here
The Agribusiness Association of Iowa has opened a call for photographers to submit entries that describe their role in Ag. How they view agribusiness/agriculture and what it means for Iowa. All photos need to be taken in Iowa. The association would like to see Iowa’s images that best represents agribusiness in our great state! The chosen image will run as the Annual Report feature image. Top
Photos will be chosen, with a vote, by the AAI Executive Committee. The “overall” winning image will be used as the feature image of the Annual Report. Other chosen photos will be used on the association’s website, social media pages, in publications or brochures, the top in each category have the potential to be displayed at AAI Headquarters. Photos can be taken previously to the photo contest time frame.
We ask that all photo submissions not be extensively digitally manipulated or enhanced. Photos that have been overly digitally altered may not be chosen. Normal cropping, color correction, etc. are acceptable. We request 6 (six) megapixels or higher images in JPEG format. You can submit unlimited images to the contest, but a particular image can only be submitted into one category at a time. Top
- Cooperatives & Grain Elevators
- Ag Retailers
- Aerial / Drone
- Certified Crop Advisers at Their Best
- Conservation at Work
- Youth (under 19)
The submission period of photos will be from June 1 through midnight on October 31, 2019. Announcements will be made by Dec 2019. Top
Submit photos to form by October 31, 2019, by 5:00 PM CST – ENTER CONTEST HERE
The contest is open to Iowa and other US residents. Only Iowa locations will be considered for this contest. Photo submissions will be accepted via our online form OR photo entries should be sent in .jpg format to [email protected] with the subject “2019 Photo Contest Entry”.
ALL entries must include
- A title and a brief description of each photo
- When and Where the photo was taken
- Photographer’s full name and age
- Photography category
- Email Address
Alternatively: CDs containing photo files and accompanied by all of the required information above may be sent to:
Agribusiness Association of Iowa
900 Des Moines Street
Des Moines, IA 50309 Top
The association’s Executive Committee review photographs in each category and vote on their personal favorites. Their combined votes in the top three photos from each category will be reviewed and voted on by the AAI board members. Winners will be announced in December before the Annual Report is published.
The overall winner will be featured on the cover of the FY2017-18 Annual Report. Winners will be notified by email provided on the entry form. Other select winning photos will be utilized in marketing materials, etc. Please see below terms and conditions. Top
In submitting photos, the photographer gives the Agribusiness Association of Iowa permission to use their photos in any publications, social media, websites, displays and other places without payment or other consideration. Additionally, by submitting a photo that includes human subjects, the photographer is indicating that they have obtained full permission from those subjects for the photograph to be used in these manners as well.
- The submitted photos must be the photographer’s original work, and the photos must have been taken in Iowa.
- Photos do not need to be taken within the contest timeframe to be eligible to win.
- Submit photos that are 6 megapixels or higher. The more megapixels the better!
- All photos submitted for the contest must be in JPG format.
- A contest entry form must be filled out in its entirety by the person (or agent of the person) entering the contest.
- The photographer must select the category for his/her entry and indicate the category on the entry form.
- An image may be entered in only one category, but participants may enter all categories using different images.
- Participants may submit up to unlimited entries per category.
- Photos with date stamps or photographer’s name on the photo will be disqualified.
- No nudity.
- All photos should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appears. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color, and contrast, etc.) may not be selected.
- AAI will at its sole discretion determine eligibility. AAI reserves the right to reject and disqualify any images that are considered inappropriate.
- Images submitted to the photo contest will be published on the AAI Facebook page to promote the contest
- Images submitted can be used by the association without notification or further compensation to the photographer
- A title and a brief description of each photo are needed, please provide on the entry form. If submitting multiple images please provide descriptions for each.